Conference Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in the 2014 CASA Conference scholarship program. Applications were due on December 6, 2013. All applicants will be notified by January 31, 2014.
The National CASA Association is offering a scholarship program to provide financial assistance for staff and volunteers planning to attend the 2014 annual conference. This program was developed by National CASA in response to network requests, and we are excited to continue to offer funds to help individuals attend the conference.
What Do Scholarships Cover?
Scholarships cover the cost of conference registration only.
Scholarship winners are responsible for all other costs associated with attending the conference, including but not limited to airfare, hotel, transportation, additional meals and extra activities (for example, Institute sessions).
Scholarship Categories and Eligibility
A total of 60 scholarships will be awarded in two categories:
- Active CASA/GAL Volunteers: We encourage all active CASA/GAL volunteers to apply for a scholarship and attend the conference. Volunteer advocates cannot also be paid CASA/GAL staff members. If you are a paid staff member who is also advocating for children as a CASA volunteer, please apply for a scholarship in the CASA/GAL Program Staff category. (Thirty-five scholarships will be awarded.)
- CASA/GAL Program Staff: Open to all CASA/GAL program staff members. (Twenty-five scholarships will be awarded.)
- 2013 scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for the 2014 scholarship program.
- Applicant and applicant’s program must operate in compliance with the Standards for Local CASA/GAL Programs or Standards for State CASA/GAL Organizations.
Timeline and Agreements
Submission deadline was Friday, December 6, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Awardees will be notified by January 31, 2014. Scholarship recipients are selected in a random drawing of all applications that meet the qualifying criteria.
By accepting this scholarship, the recipient agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- National CASA plans to take photographs at the National CASA Conference and reproduce them for use in future promotional materials, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the National CASA website. I agree to allow National CASA to utilize my name and image for such purposes.
- I agree to allow National CASA to use quotes from my application and essay for promotional purposes.
- I agree to be available for two hours during the conference to provide assistance to conference organizers and to complete a post-conference scholarship survey.
- In the event that I am unable to attend to attend the conference, I will promptly notify the conference manager. I agree not to allow any other individual to participate in my place.
- I understand that the scholarship covers registration costs only and that I am responsible for all lodging, transportation, additional meals and additional events (e.g., all-day Institute session), as well as any other costs associated with attending the National CASA Annual Conference.